SenSura Mio has an elastic barrier that fits your individual body shape and follows your contours when you bend and stretch.
- Elastic adhesive for a secure fit to individual body shapes
- Neutral gray textile for optimal discretion
- Flexible coupling for adaption to body contours and a discreet, flat profile
With SenSura Mio Flex urostomy, the baseplate with the elastic adhesive is separate from the pouch, so the pouch can be changed without changing the baseplate. The pouch is coupled to the baseplate by means of the well-known Flex coupling which is a secure coupling system that is flat, discreet and flexible enough to adapt to body contours. SenSura Mio Flex is available in a broad range of flat baseplates consisting of various pre-cut or hole sizes which can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent, neutral grey, or even with inspection window, and with coupling systems of 35, or 50 mm in diameter.
No two bodies are the same. Real people and have real bodies that come in different sizes and shapes – and the shapes change both over the course of the day and when we move around. That’s why it’s a challenge to find an appliance that fits.
- SenSura Mio fits individual body shapes and follows natural body movements, so it maintains a secure fit.
- The magic lies in the elasticity of the adhesive: it can stretch and retract back. Skin has a natural elasticity that helps it bend and stretch when the body moves. Like skin, SenSura Mio is elastic, so it simply bends and stretches with your skin when your body moves.
- SenSura Mio will make you feel secure in your everyday activities – even in a social context.
The new SenSura Mio looks different than any other ostomy pouch, as it is designed to optimize discretion.
- Unlike other ostomy products, SenSura Mio is made of a material that we otherwise wear on the body, i.e. textile material. It is soft and comfortable against the skin, it provides low friction against clothes and it does not feel wet after taking a shower. In addition, the textile material makes the ostomy pouch look more like a piece of clothing than a medical device
- The color of SenSura Mio is chosen among hundreds of colors to find exactly the color that optimizes discretion under all clothing colors.
- SenSura Mio does not try to imitate the body. It is a personal accessory that optimizes discretion so you can feel secure.
Have you ever had problems with you ostomy pouch ballooning? The new full-circle filter has a unique pre-filter that is designed to reduce this problem.
- The job of the pre-filter is to protect the carbon and membrane, as those two parts are very vulnerable to faeces. Therefore, the full-circle filter clogs less frequently, so the airflow through the filter lasts longer and you experience reduced ballooning.
- Actually, the full-circle filter has proven to reduce the incidence of ballooning by up to 61%. Footnote: Data on File, Coloplast US, Note, the reduction in incidence of ballooning for colostomates was 52% and 61% for ileostomates. The full-circle filter will improve discretion and help you sleep better at night.